Monday, November 30, 2009

Black Weekend


Image found via CityPages.

Did you all survive Black Friday? I barely did. I did manage to get most of my gift shopping done. Woohoo! Now, allow me to regale you with a tale of a Black Friday of yore...

It was 2 or 3 in the morning. I don't remember exactly, I was so dazed. I was in line outside of a Wal-Mart waiting with several others to get a Tickle-Me Elmo or a Furby or some crap. (I was gonna be the cool aunt, dang it!) When the doors opened and employees let us in, it become clear no one was prepared for this. I saw a startled employee near the toy section see everyone coming and she cried out, "Oh God! Here they come!" She then made a run for it. Women trampled one another, gentle old ladies bit at anyone who came too close, and a pregnant lady very nearly lost the child she was carrying in the carnage. I threw myself in front of her to protect her and her protruding belly.

I swear, sometimes, people really are just like zombies.

0 comments: